Monday, September 26, 2011

Southern Fried Weekend

In the South everyone knows the "off" weekend in football season is packed with all sorts of events.  This weekend was no exception.  Cole & I went from one event to another and enjoyed every minute of it.  Let's recap:

Friday night my BFF Suze was in town from NYC.  Her Dad was honored and inducted into the Lenior City Hall of Fame for his basketball coaching at LCHS.  Such an honor.  Cole and I got to be a part of a family/friends get together at Suze's house in LC.  It was so fun to be a part of the celebration as well as catch up with these ladies.  Man do I miss college.
Stef, Suze, myself, Tiff, Andrea
 
Who is this little guy??  Oh that's just our nephew Mason who celebrated his FIRST birthday Saturday morning!!  Needless to say we had a blast watching Mason eat his birthday cake and run around with all of his friends!
Cole & I with Mason's parents (Cole's sister Bec & RyRy)
Saturday night Cole & I were off to C&M's wedding.  I am going to need to go ahead and gush on these two.  First of all I have known C since I was 15.  We went to high school together and I have always looked at C like a little brother.  M&C have been dating off and on since high school and I have never seen C look at anyone the way he does at M.  So obviously I couldn't wait to see these two get married!  M and her sweet family literally had one of the BEST wedding celebrations I have ever seen.  The wedding took place at Castleton Farms in Loudon, TN and can I just say it was kind of amazing!  The ceremony was gorgeous, the reception started with a cocktail hour in the barn and then they opened the doors to a unbelievable outdoor setting. We ate awesome southern food and danced the night away!  Seriously a awesome couple and wedding.
My hot date.
So clearly a fabulous weekend.  Sunday after church and a little productivity Cole & I cooked a delicous dinner and watched the movie Bridesmaids.  Recipe and movie review to come tomorrow.

Happy Monday friends!

No comments: