It has taken me a few days to recover from the fun filled weekend we had. Most importantly the wedding of my BFF Smash's sister Lu! Now I was fully aware that this wedding was going to be a ridiculously fun time. The wedding took place at the
Ruby Tuesday Lodge in Maryville, TN which is one of my all time favorite wedding venues. We all got rooms at the lodge and made it into a weekend getaway. Duh.
The ceremony was gorgeous, the bride was a knock out and the reception was full of great food and lots of dancing. But there were some serious highlights to this evening so I feel like I need to start there:
Highlight 1: FABULOUS crew. Kimbo+The Labarre's+The Turners+Smash&DA+friends of Smash's from high school= an AWESOME time. Check out our private table at the reception. "
The Smash table."
 |
| Smash table |
Highlight 2: Surprise visit from Michael Jackson. Yes you read that correctly. Lu LOVES MJ so Smash arranged for our favorite DJ to dress up like Michael Jackson and surprise Lu with some serious dance moves. IT.WAS.AWESOME.
 |
| The entire experience brought tears to Lu's eyes :) |
Highlight 3: Fabulous decorations. Smash & Lu have awesome taste. This wedding was SO Lu....full of feathers, a little leather & lace. Check out these awesome centerpieces and a chandelier that Smash made herself. True story.
Highlight 4: Lu had not one but THREE costume changes. Her gorgeous wedding dress of course, a short version of that and then the fabulous black number from above.
 |
| Gorgeous bride and myself |
 |
| Husband and wife! |
Highlight 5: The party didn't end there. Since we were all staying the night at the lodge Smash arranged for DJ Derek to set up an after dance party in the lodge. It was awesome and way too much fun.
The next morning we all devoured a delicious breakfast before heading back to the real world. This wedding was one I am sure we will be talking about for years. A ridiculous amount of fun celebrating two very special people. In Cole's words "
Lindsey was the most fun bride ever!" I have to say I agree.
Happy Wednesday Friends!!
xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment