Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Furniture Finds

The past two months I have been on a mission to update some furniture pieces for the new home.  Really I loved the idea of a blank slate and wanted to incorporate our old pieces with some new ones. I will have a blog post soon with a sneak peak of the house.  It is no where near finished but I was able to plan pretty well while the house was being built so I feel pretty good about it. It has been a mere 5 days so I am pretty sure we are ok. :)

I had a giant list of pieces and decorative accessories I wanted to find and I have had a blast checking them off of my list.  Our house is almost double the size of our old one (praise the lord!) however we only really added a dining room, bonus room and a powder room. Also great news.  I was able to transfer the majority of our old furniture as well as add some key pieces.

I complied all of this from about a million places.  Local stores like Kirklands, Hobby Lobby, Marshalls, Tuesday Morning, you name it I went there.  I also did my fair share of antique shopping which is something I love to do.  If you remember I took a trip out to Sweetwater which was fabulous. I also made a pass through the Clinton Antique mall, which rocks.  I am also incredibly fortunate the my step dad is amazing at wood working and was able to fix up my finds.  My mom is also super crafty and helped me recover seats for the dining room and kitchen tables as well as make curtains and pillows. I painted mirrors and spray painted benches. It's been a ton of work and I have loved every minute of it.

So, I will have more pictures coming but here is my favorite antique find.  Mom found this in a thrift store off of Magnolia in North Knoxville.  Which if you are familiar with Knoxville you know how crazy that is.  Not only am I afraid to get out of my car in North Knoxville I definitely wouldn't expect to find this little gem.  Check it out.  Before and after shot because I just had to show Randy's magic.
Before
After
Here is a sneak peak into my living room which has already evolved since I took this pic but it gives you a better idea of how fabulous this piece fits in.
Living room...
I need to stop working on the house and take pictures of the house. :)  But they are coming soon!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

Happy Wednesday Friends!
xoxo,



No comments: